Responsible Alcohol Merchant Awards (RAMA)
The Responsible Alcohol Merchant Award (RAMA) recognizes alcohol merchants who are actively involved in promoting a positive, healthy community in western Nebraska by restricting youth access to alcohol. The RAMA program allows local youth committees to recognize alcohol merchants who exhibit best practices in preventing underage alcohol sales through consistent compliance of beverage control regulations, comprehensive management policies and ongoing employee training programs.
Awards are determined by the following criteria known to reduce the sale of alcohol to underage youth:
Award recipient spotlight
- Model business and management policies.
- Participation in employee training programs such as Panhandle Prevention Coalition sponsored Responsible Beverage Server Training.
- Store layout, including signage and window coverings.
- ID checking practices.
- Compliance check pass/fail rate.
- Advocacy for a positive and healthy environment.
The Responsible Alcohol Merchant Award (RAMA) is new to western Nebraska.
Do you know an alcohol merchant in your town who is actively engaged in promoting a positive, healthy community by restricting youth access to alcohol? Email your nomination to us. Please include the following information:
- The name of business and business owner
- The location of business and phone number
- The reason for the nomination, citing specific examples and interactions
Frequently asked questions
Tips for training your employees
Tactics to eliminate underage alcohol sales
Nebraska liquor laws pertaining to alcohol merchants
How to check IDs
Responsible alcohol merchant awards (RAMA)
RAMA nomination form
Upcoming Responsible Beverage Server Training (RBST) classes
Alcohol Resource Merchant Guide